Avente Consulting held its first-ever Avente Welfare Day on 21 August 2019 to express our appreciation to our Consultant-Trainee and to welcome them to the new school term!
With a huge turnout of over 250 students, it was a chance for us to share our mission of helping small-medium businesses (SMEs) to adapt to the changing digital landscape with the SMU community. We are also extremely grateful for the huge turn out and overwhelming support from everyone.
Welfare Day Highlights
The queue started forming even before registration started and everybody was excited to get their hands on freebies by our sponsors! Here, our Organising Committee led by our very own Avente Mentorship Programme mentees (AMP) and Executive Committee are hard at work.
Our first two booths featured our Welfare Pack which included Avente Consulting’s file as well as vouchers from Dominos, Liho, EzBuy, Kim Korean BBQ and Ming Zu Foot Reflexology. Our students also enjoyed El-Dina Chicken Black Pepper Luncheon Meat and Kelly’s Truffle Pork Ham from Golden Bridges!
Our next vendor, Inspira has also kindly sponsored us with Salted Egg Yolk fish skin snacks and came along with exotic flavors such as Wasabi!
With the bubble tea craze among Singaporeans, we also gave out Brown Sugar Milk with Pearls to satisfy their cravings!
Avente's Experiential Booth
Besides welfare pack for students, there was also an experiential booth where students got to attempt quizzes to test their knowledge on topics such as Digital Marketing and Consulting.
Students who were interested to join our club also took the opportunity to learn from our Executive Committee about what Avente Consulting is all about, the great work done by our consultants and how they could be part of the Avente Community.
Appreciation Segment for UOB-SMU AEI
Avente’s Executive Committee would like to extend our sincere thanks and appreciation to Dr. Ang Ser Keng, Ms. Vera Tan (Senior Assistant Director of UOB-SMU AEI) as well as the mighty team behind UOB-SMU AEI:
- Chen Shan Shan – Manager
- Lina Lee – Manager
- Jennifer Leow Suyu – Manager
- Eneida Tan Zhen Lin – Executive
Appreciation Segment for Welfare Day Organising Committee
With a small organising team of only 5 members, our mentees from Avente Mentorship Programme (AMP) put in tremendous amount of hard work to plan this large scale Welfare Day. We would like to take this opportunity to thank our small but mighty team:
Avente Welfare Day 2019 Organising Committee
- Operations Lead: Tan Kar Chun
- Operations Member: Chua Siew Yin
- Strategic Development Lead: Stephanie Chong
- Programmes Lead: Maneesha Roy
- Programmes Member: Min Htet
- Other AMP Members: Muhammad Haris Lim Jun Chen, Reshma Ishwarya Dogiparthy
Appreciation Segment for 1st Exco
Avente’s Welfare Day Event Leads
- Lim Jia De, Maryann Se To, Pang Xiu Yuan, Kayler Chong
Avente 1st Exco
- Founders: Krishna Bhagirath, Danial Leong, Yeo Boon Peng
- Core Team: Lim Jia De, Maryann Se To, Pang Xiu Yuan
- Marketing & Communications Department: Kayler Chong, Tan Ka Ling, Shaun Teo
- Strategic Development: Phoebe Tan, Punnag Ghatak
- Operations: Ong Yuan Qi, Gillian Lee, Giggson Tan